Are you suffering from Alopecia? It is an autoimmune disorder that causes erratic hair loss. Different people lose hair differently. Some people lose hair only in a few spots, but others might lose a lot, causing complete baldness. Dealing with hair loss could be traumatic and tricky, mostly as they are treading on an unchartered path. But these days, there are a lot of non-surgical solutions. Hair wigs are one of the best ways of hiding your baldness. But ultimately, deciding to go for a wig is your personal choice.
Read on to find 5 different types of hair wigs for alopecia patients and make your choice accordingly.
1. Full Lace Hair Wigs: These wigs for alopecia are made on a fine lace cap from which you can see the scalp. This creates a very natural hairline. Full lace wigs are merged with a monofilament top and have hand-tied hair on the cap. Made up of human hair, these wigs are very comfortable and realistic. Adhesives are put on the urethane strips on the lace cap to stick. These hair wigs are versatile and undetectable. However, full lace hair wigs are more expensive, but they last longer and provide a natural look.
2. Monofilament Wigs: In this type of wig, individual hair is tied to a very fine mesh material that enables light and air to pass through. Manufactured with an ultra-fine mesh that blends easily with any skin tone, it looks as if real hair is growing from your scalp. In this wig for alopecia, the hair looks natural because it comes out of the cap in a vertical direction. You can style the hair on this wig in any way you want. This wig is comfortable as it's lightweight and breathable and is very good for sensitive scalps. Good even for warm weather, this delicate wig should be handled gently than any standard machine-made caps.
3. Lace Front Wigs: These wigs have only lace in the front unit. The rest of the cap is thicker, and you will need clips to attach it to your head. These wigs for alopecia are quite common and you can wear them throughout the day. They are also not as fragile as full lace wigs and you can part your hair the way you want. If you’re looking for a durable option, then these wigs are a good choice.
4. Custom-made Wigs: These wigs are made keeping in mind the specific needs of the individual. You can get the hair density, color, hair type, style, and length as per your requirements. You don’t have to worry at all as this wig would fit your head perfectly because it is designed especially for you. Custom-made wigs are made using human hair which is attached by hand to the base made up of a fine lace cap. It fits and blends well with your scalp and gives a natural look too.
5. Skin Top Wigs: In this wig, individual hair fibers are inserted into an artificial scalp base. Similar to the monofilament caps, the hair usually comes out of the cap vertically, so it offers a natural look. You can part the hair any way you want. Skin tops are made both by machine and by hand. If manufactured by hand, the hair fibers are placed randomly, which gives a more realistic look. If you want a better hair quality, look for finer groupings of hair fibers on this cap.
- Here are three good reasons to get online CPR Certification for your employees. It is an incredibly convenient option and logical choice.