A toilet is one of the most used places in a home. Toilets should be kept clean as dirty toilets are one of the main reasons for the spreading of diseases and infections. Dealing with clogged toilets can be extremely frustrating. A proper understanding of the reasons behind the clogging of toilets will help you prevent any such situations in the future.
In this blog, we are going to discuss five main reasons why toilets get clogged. Understand the reasons properly to keep the culprits at bay.
- Low Flow Toilets: Several modern toilets have low flow designs. The motive behind these designs is to save maximum water. However, some of the early designs of these toilets lack the required pressure to clear the drain and hence develop clogs. If you have first-generation toilets in your home (made in the 1990s), you can prevent the clogging by avoiding clog prone items and using less toilet paper. If the problem persists, you can take help of plumbing services to install an up to date toilet.
- Blocked Plumbing Vent: Toilets have vents to allow the flow of fresh air in and out of the system. These vents prevent air pressure vacuums, which can block the drains. With time, these vents get covered with animal debris, leaves, and sticks. Blocked vents reduce the flow and cause clogs repeatedly. The best solution to this problem is to hire expert plumbers who can clean your vent properly as this chore needs special tools.
- Flushing Non-Flushable Items: Toilets are designed to flush only certain material. Items like wet wipes, paper towels, and dental floss can block the drainage. Prepare a list of non-flushable items and paste it in your toilet so that your family members remember not to flush them. Keep a trashcan in the toilet to throw the non-flushable items.
- The problem in sewer lines: If you are facing clogs in multiple toilets, and drains, there may be a problem in the main sewer line. The roots of the trees can also puncture the main sewer lines. Problems in the sewer line can cause problems outside and inside your home. It can also cause health-related problems to your family members. Experienced and professional plumbers should always handle the problems related to a sewer.
- Blocked Toilet Trap: A toilet trap is a curved sieve-like structure that is built into the side of the toilet. It grips the standing water and stops sewer gases from coming inside your homes. Some items can clog in the trap, which may pto clogging in the toilet. However, with a plunger, you can easily remove a clog. But, for stubborn clogs, it is advised to take the help of experienced plumbing services.
If you are looking for affordable plumbing companies in Miami, Hernandez Plumbing specializes in both commercial and residential plumbing. They have expert plumbers who deliver fast and reliable services. The plumbing company offers a wide range of services like kitchen remodelling, home remodelling, bathroom remodelling, clogged toilets, residential and commercial renovations etc.