Bought new carpets? They sure add pizzazz to your home. But watch out! These may lose their charm and lustre if stains and grime affect them. Now, as the proud owner of this carpet, it’s your duty to follow all the possible steps to make it stay welcoming and attractive.
How can you prevent stains and grime from damaging your carpets?
A carpet contributes to the wow factor of your home! But this very prominently attractive part can turn into an eyesore because of an ugly stain or a patch of grime. Though you have good carpet cleaners in Auckland like Flash Cleaning who tend to send their best experts to treat such tough stains and make your carpets look new again, wouldn't it be great if you prevent their occurrence altogether? And to help in this prevention drive, we have got some useful tips for you to follow:
- Don’t let grime in — What do you do when you don't want something to enter your place? Well, you prevent it from entering, simple! So, even in the case of grime, if you don't want it to affect your place, you will have to block its entrance. And do you know what is the easiest way through which grime enters your space? It’s through your shoes. If you follow this habit of removing your shoes outside your home, you’re automatically blocking grime from entering and protecting the carpet from the mess caused by it.
- Test the cleaning agents before using them — We don't doubt your dedication when you pick the best cleaning agents to treat your carpets. But don't you forget that these may include some harsh chemicals which bleach the carpet area or leave behind a rough patch on them. So, if you are trying new cleaners, make it a point to patch-test them on a small area before treating your entire carpet with it.
- Treat the stains on the spot — Sometimes you can prevent those ugly stains from staying permanently on your carpet. Yes, it is possible but only if you treat them immediately. If you are not cleaning such spills and patches on your carpet immediately, these might stay permanently, causing an eyesore to appear over it.
- Place covers on the carpet — By placing covers on the carpet we mean the doormats and rugs that you place over it in order to prevent further damage to this. With these being placed at regular intervals or at proper places, the mess and dirt that otherwise penetrate deep into the carpet (causing it to look dull) are prevented and your carpet stays clean and presentable.
- Never miss the daily vacuuming —Yes, we agree that you might be calling the professional cleaners once in a month or two for carpet cleaning, but you shouldn't also miss daily vacuuming if you want it to stay welcoming and germ-free.
Following all these steps is actually quite easy. And if you want your carpet to look wonderful, this is a small price that you have to pay for a better and welcoming looking home.