In addition to the very embroidery digitizing services of stylized Christmas tree decorations and the inscription, I immediately decided to embroider with E-stitch teeth the place where the strings would be. Well, and at the same time mark the dimensions of the finished product with simple lines, so that later it will be easier to cut. I have a large curb frame, which is why I can make such large embroideries. Why not take advantage of this circumstance. The size of the embroidery I got was 19.2x51.5cm.
It was embroidered without any problems. Even at the embroidery stage, I really liked how much volume is obtained when embroidering with several layers of threads on top of each other where I planned to cut the threads on my face. Even with 2 contours in 3 layers of thread, a significant appearance is obtained. But the fabric is strongly pulled together.
Then I took everything out and immediately decided to start cutting. The first in line was a star. I planned to make it with a regular fringe, so I cut the bobbin thread from the inside out:
It was then that my mistake with saving was revealed to me. 2 and a contour of 3 layers in each turned out to be (6 layers of satin), oh, how little. Trimming all layers of satin immediately revealed the background fabric. And the appearance turned out to be far from what I imagined it to be. But what is embroidered is embroidered.
Cut threads cannot be removed from the bartack or zigzag stitches. Therefore, you can safely save on zigzags if they are not an additional decorative finish.
Of course, there is some zest in this performance, but I made the following conclusions for myself: