When choosing a preschool for your child, you want to make sure that your child is safe and that the school offers good social experiences while preparing them for kindergarten. We recommend starting the preschool search about nine to 12 months before your child starts to give yourself enough time to choose a program that suits your child and your family.
Here are five steps to take when choosing schools in Pune:
● Research. First, you need to do your research, including determining which schools are in your area, reading online reviews and school ratings, asking other parents their opinions about schools and evaluating your family’s practical needs. While researching the school, look at the programme the school follows. For example, a Global Montessori program understands the need for interactive learning instead of instructive learning.
● Tour. Take a tour of the schools you consider and look at a wide range of different preschool settings. Different teaching philosophies can be different in real life than they are on paper. You want a preschool that allows your child to make choices and explore various learning opportunities. It’s also essential to choose a preschool that is open with families, encourages parents and families to stop by the preschool and offers feedback between the school and the family.
● Questions. Ask the following questions when touring the school. What philosophy or curriculum do you teach in the classroom? There are several different teaching philosophies in early childhood or preschool education. Make sure the preschool teaching philosophy you choose supports your child’s needs and learning style. You should also ask what their approach to discipline is. Is the school’s approach similar to your approach at home? It’s essential to be consistent for the well-being of your child. Which security measures do you take? You should know who is allowed in the building and what the preschool’s drop off and pick up procedures are.
● Shadow. Spend some time watching or shadowing a classroom and seeing how it is run. Shadowing a classroom will give you the opportunity to see what a typical preschool day will look like for your child. Learn about the background and education level of the teachers, as well as the student to teacher ratio. It’s crucial that your child gets the personal attention that they need.
● Bring your child in to explore. When looking at preschools, it’s essential to know if your child likes their preschool. It’s also crucial to choose a school that focuses on fostering the necessary social skills, conflict resolution, and problem-solving that are important for social and emotional development. Consider both play-based and academic based programs. Play-based programs tend to be child-centred, and the focus is on developmentally appropriate tasks. Academic programs are more teacher-directed, and the goal of each lesson is academic preparation for kindergarten.
A preschool is a stepping stone to your child’s expectations. The right programme will help a child grow creatively and become more independent. A typical preschool day will give you an indication of the balance between academics and play in order to prepare your child.
- Mexican President sent a bill to Congress on Friday that could empower the public authority to suspend licenses in the oil business.